This recipe I kind of threw together in the kitchen a bit ago. I know people who don’t even like coconut in the slightest who enjoy these cookies. I even have this recipe published over at Food.com. It’s only been rated twice, but both of the people who have made and rated this recipe have given it five stars! YAY! 😛
So here you go, my Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies!
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla (imitation is fine as well)
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 2 ½ cups oatmeal (rolled oats)
- 1 ½ cups coconut sweetened or non (more or less to taste if you’d like)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325F.
Beat butter and sugars together at High speed until fluffy.
Add eggs and beat on medium speed until blended.
Beat in vanilla, baking soda and salt until mixed in fully.
Add flour and mix at low speed until blended.
Stir in oats, coconut and chocolate using spoon.
Arrange in mounds on baking sheets. Pat down if desired.
Cook 12-14 minutes.
Cool one minute before transferring to cooling rack.
Enjoy! I may attempt a lower sugar version of this recipe later. >.> I realize it is a bit heavy in the sugar department.
Owner at Ohayo Okasan
Blogger, Illustrator, Reviewer, Voice Actress, Mom of 5 humans, 7 cats and 5 mice! I do a little bit of it all. Crafting, singing, sewing, baking, cooking, and driving myself a little crazy every day. :) I have ADHD, Anxiety and Depression that I battle with daily. But I'll make it! Someway, somehow.
Latest posts by Kisa Johnson (see all)
- Spread the love with @Huggies Snug and Dry Ultra at Walmart #UltraHug - May 28, 2015
- Wordless Wednesday – So Much Kat – 5-27-17 - May 27, 2015
- Easy Dollar Store Craft- DYI Bloomed Flower Candle Holder - May 26, 2015