- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla (imitation is fine as well)
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 2 ½ cups oatmeal (rolled oats)
- 1 ½ cups coconut sweetened or non (more or less to taste if you’d like)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325F.
Beat butter and sugars together at High speed until fluffy.
Add eggs and beat on medium speed until blended.
Beat in vanilla, baking soda and salt until mixed in fully.
Add flour and mix at low speed until blended.
Stir in oats, coconut and chocolate using spoon.
Arrange in mounds on baking sheets. Pat down if desired.
Cook 12-14 minutes.
Cool one minute before transferring to cooling rack.
Enjoy! I may attempt a lower sugar version of this recipe later. >.> I realize it is a bit heavy in the sugar department.