You all know I’m not exactly a huge drinker. That’s okay, sometimes though I like to try out something new, more so when it sounds good. When I was contacted to try out Holiday Road Punch used by making Pomegranate Green Tea Liqueur, my interest was piqued! I like pomegranate, and I know that green tea has health benefits. Maybe I’d like this recipe?
Well, actually it’s two recipes. I plan to make some of the Pomegranate Green Tea Liqueur (using Everclear) for my mom and dad, and add a fancy tag to the bottle so they can try the Holiday Road Punch. I’d like to share the recipes here either way. They were sent to me by Everclear®
POMEGRANATE GREEN TEA LIQUEUR
8 Pomegranate green tea bags
6 oz. Everclear®
7 oz. Filtered water
13 oz. White simple syrup
- Combine tea bags, Everclear ® and water in a sealable container.
- Steep 2 hours.
- Remove tea bags and add simple syrup. Mix thoroughly.
- Bottle and enjoy.
15 oz. Pomegranate Green Tea Liqueur
5 oz. Vodka
5 oz. White rum
10 oz. Lime juice
10 oz. Champagne
- Combine all ingredients except champagne in a pitcher or punch bowl.
- Mix and chill in refrigerator 8 hours or more (overnight works best).
- Just before serving, add chilled champagne and stir carefully.
- Add ice, along with 10 lime wheels.
- Serve in punch glasses, ice optional.
- Garnish with lime wheel (also optional).
I also plan to make some for myself of course! I want to try the Holiday Road Punch even if it looks maybe a little strong on the alcohol for me. I might have to adjust the strength since I don’t drink often, but both things look so pretty and sound good. Make some perfectly awesome festive drinks for your holiday celebrations this year! I think I want to try this drink both before Christmas and if I like it I’ll have something to drink while ringing in the New Year!
What holidays do you celebrate this time of year? Do you have a favorite mixed drink you make?